The School District of the City of
Saginaw offers PreKindergarten at
all of our elementary schools. The
PreKindergarten program is designed
to prepare students for Kindergarten
and to provide students with early
literacy and math skills. The School
District has a tuition program
students who live outside the City of Saginaw. We believe that
our PreK Program provides a foundation
for learning that is a Great Beginning that will never end.
Windows Media Player: 30 seconds
View PreK brochure
Interested parents can:
- Contact the PreKindergarten Office at 989-399-6752
or contact the specific neighborhood elementary school.
- Children must be four (4) years old by November 1 to enroll.
School of choice and open enrollment does not apply to four
Parents must provide the following information for registration:
1. child's birth certificate,
2. two proofs of residency (driver's license, utility bill),
3. up-to-date shot record (immunizations),
4. proof of health insurance for the child,
5. proof of income,
6. and health record completed by the child's physician by starting
- Forms are available at all elementary school locations. After school closings for the summer, during June through August, forms are available at the PreK Office at1505 Ottawa Blvd across from Handley in the Staff Developement Building.