General Course Description
The Guidance and Counseling Program is an integral part of the total educational program at the Saginaw Arts and Sciences Academy. It reflects the school district’s commitment to providing a comprehensive guidance and counseling program for all students. It is developmentally appropriate for students and provides sequential activities to help them transition from pre-adolescence into young adulthood. The program has three content areas:
• Career Planning and Exploration
• Knowledge of Self and Others
• Educational/Career – Technical Development
For those students attending a half-day program at the Academy, the program offers liaison services among the home school administration, counselors, teachers and parents, and the academy such as:
• Application and admission to the appropriate program at SASA
• Scheduling and transferring of grades
• Assisting the home school counselor in meeting the personal, emotional, social, and academic needs of students.
A resource center of college catalogs and career information especially attuned to the areas of the arts and sciences is available to students.